Dear ASTE Members,
You are invited to submit a proposal for an ASTE-sponsored session at two upcoming NSTA National Conferences on Science Education:
1. National Conference in Atlanta, Spring 2023 – March 23rd – 26th
2. National Conference in Kansas City, Fall 2023 – October 26th – 28th
As an affiliate of NSTA, ASTE is provided with the opportunity to submit programming at the conference. These proposals will undergo an internal review by ASTE prior to submission and should not be submitted directly to the NSTA conference proposal system. Proposals reviewed by the ASTE committee and sent on to NSTA for consideration will undergo an additional review with NSTA, providing authors who are not accepted an opportunity to revise their submissions.
Proposals are due to ASTE Tuesday, September 20th at 11:59pm ET and will be evaluated on the extent to which they:
1. Support specifically identified parts of the NRC Framework, the NGSS, or state standards.
2. Support three-dimensional teaching and learning.
3. Are based on current and available research.
4. Involve participants through activities or discussion.
5. Are grounded in cultural competency (promotes equity, demonstrates the value of diversity, and addresses the impact of bias).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Gina Childers, NSTA Partnership Committee